The Mercator Institute for China Studies (MERICS) is a Berlin-based, independent think tank and leading European provider of policy-oriented research on contemporary China. Founded by Stiftung Mercator, MERICS analyzes current trends in China’s economy, politics, and society and their implications for Europe.
MERICS is looking for a Developmental Editor on a part-time freelance basis (20 hours p. week).
- Native-level fluency in English
- Proven experience with journalistic writing and editing and/or academic editing
- Fluency in German
- Working knowledge of Chinese a plus
- Profound understanding of current international debates, background in China Studies a plus
- Strong communication and teamworking skills
- Edit the institute’s English-language blog and manage content-sharing partnerships with other media and think tanks
- Advise on structuring and drafting English-language academic publications
- Shape and edit English-language op-eds for publication in international media
- Participate in production of bi-weekly newsletter
We offer a stimulating work environment in a dynamic multi-disciplinary and international team. The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position by 1 March 2019. The position will be based at the MERICS offices in the center of Berlin. Occasional mobile work is possible. We offer a competitive honorarium commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your application by 31 January 2019, in one PDF document, containing a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and two samples of work to Claudia Wessling, Head of Publications and Product Development (email@example.com).
You can download this job offer as PDF document.