MERICS is continually looking for committed and flexible team players to contribute as full-time interns (40 hours per week) to its research programs.
Our interns apply and expand the skills acquired during their studies in a dynamic working environment, contributing to independent policy-oriented research on China.
Internships at MERICS have a duration of three months and are offered at four different times throughout the year, starting either in January, April, July or October. Interns receive a small remuneration.
MERICS offers the opportunity for interns:
- to contribute to independent policy-oriented research on China
- to be part of a dynamic and highly dedicated team
- to apply and expand the skills you have acquired during your studies, by conducting research based on English and Chinese primary sources, performing data analysis and writing short reports, as well as assisting in preparing events and presentations
- studies in Political Science, Sociology, Economics, or Area Studies with a relevant focus on Asia and/or China
- good knowledge of the political and economic system of the People’s Republic of China
- a very good command of written and spoken English and good Chinese language skills: working knowledge of German would be a bonus
- attention to detail and high degree of reliability
- proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
How to apply:
The current round of applications for the internships starting in October has already ended. Applications send in prior to the next application period will not be considered for any internship slot and will not receive a reply.
We take applications only two months in advance for an upcoming slot (January, April, July, October).
Applications for the internship slot starting on January 1, 2020 (until March 30, 2020) can be send in from October 15 until November 1. More information on application procedures will follow closer to the application period.