MERICS is seeking to recruit a Project and Relationship Development Officer (60%) to assist with the growth of MERICS external income, project development and management needs.
By producing high-quality pitches and proposals, managing projects and grants and growing MERICS business development knowledge base and relationships, this role will support the Executive Unit and CFO, utilizing fundraising tools, expertise and advice with the aim to maximize funding opportunities and ensure funder expectations are fulfilled.
- Work closely with Heads of Programs and the Executive Unit to gather information and develop pitches, proposals and supporting documentations for applications and reports for new projects
- Compose high-quality fundraising pitches and proposals
- Produce project budgets where appropriate
Knowledge and relationship management
- Identify and research new tenders and funding opportunities, including a corporate prospect pipeline
- Work with colleagues to keep appropriate records of prospects, applications, meetings and correspondence in order to co-ordinate member/donor information and approaches to funders
- Collaborate with colleagues to build and maintain excellent relationships with prospects, members, funders and donors
Grant and project management
- Provide a clear overview of grant/funding expectations
- Liaise with colleagues within the organization, in order to ensure that funder expectations are fulfilled in line with funding agreements
- Support the time, budget and financial management of projects and contracts
- Compose and/or support the development of narrative and financial reports for a range of funders (companies, governments, foundations and major donors)
- Ensure that approaches are coordinated, relate to need and goals and targets conform to organizational standards and best practice
- Provide project development training to staff
- Undertake any other duties as required which are appropriate to the post and the wider needs of the team and MERICS
- Working level knowledge of German would be an asset
- Two years of relevant working experience in the aforementioned fields
Position: Project and Relationship Development Officer – Fixed Term Contract (appointment for 2 years at the first instance, renewable thereafter)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Start Date: July 2019
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate to the duties and experience of candidates
Closing date: Thursday, 30 May 2019 at 12:00 am
The Mercator Institute for China Studies (MERICS) is a Berlin-based, independent think tank and leading European provider of policy-oriented research on contemporary China. Founded by Stiftung Mercator, MERICS analyzes current trends in China’s economy, politics, and society and their implications for Europe.
We offer a stimulating work environment in a dynamic multi-disciplinary and international team. The position will be based at the MERICS offices in the center of Berlin. Occasional mobile work is possible. We offer a competitive honorarium commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your application, in one PDF document, containing a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to Felix Rasche, Assistant for Administration and Personnel (firstname.lastname@example.org).